Every maintained school must publish information on its website to comply with The School Information Regulations 2012.
On this page you will find some of the specific information that we are required to publish.
You can also use the tabs at the side the page to navigate around the website.
If you would like a paper copy of any of the documents on our website please ask at the office and we will be happy to provide you with one.
Letchworth Garden City
Telephone: 01462 620262
If you have a query or would like to make an appointment, please contact Mrs Albone or Miss Drake in the school office.
Disabled access is via the main school entrance.
Headteacher : Mrs Elaine Close
Deputy Headteacher: Miss Jenna Birkbeck
SEN Co-ordinator: Mrs Julie Whittemore
Chair of Governors: Mr John Millar
Stonehill School serves children from 3 to 11 years old, Nursery through to Year 6.
If you are considering Stonehill School for your child then please contact the school office to arrange a tour of the school.
Our admissions are managed by Hertfordshire County Council. Please click on the link below which gives details of the admission arrangements for the school.
Information about Stonehill School's curriculum can be found on the curriculum tab on the left hand side of the page.
Pupil Premium is additional funding allocated to schools to address the inequalities that exist between children who are eligible for free school meals (FSM) and their wealthier peers.
The Pupil Premium funding is used to raise levels of attainment and attendance. Schools are free to spend Pupil Premium as they see fit, as the government believes that schools are best placed to identify what additional provision would be most effective in ‘narrowing the gap’ for children eligible for FSM.
Special Educational Needs (SEN) and Disability
Information about SEND and relevant reports and policies can be found on the SEND tab on the left hand side of the page.
Values and Ethos
To promote high achievement through developing the life skills and learning habits of all pupils, enabling them to be leaders of their own learning.
· To care for themselves and respect others and the environment.
· To actively encourage co-operation and collaboration between school, home and the community.
· To demonstrate consistency and fairness in our values and expectations.
· To develop positive relationships and uphold British values.
· To offer a challenging, broad and relevant curriculum which enables pupils to reach their potential and achieve high standards.
· To offer a stimulating learning environment that encourages the attributes of life-long learners.
· To offer innovative teaching with a personalised approach to learning and opportunities for pupils to become resilient learners.
· To embrace the opportunities modern technologies offer for the benefit of all learners.
· To develop the pupils' awareness of their impact on the environment, empower them to make positive contributions and take responsibility for their actions.
· To offer pupils the opportunity to express themselves creatively through exploration and discovery.
Stonehill School, Western Close, Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire, SG6 4SZ email@example.com 01462 620262